Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical NurseLocation: Broward and Palm Beach County
Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses are responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with FirstLantic policy, Nurse Practice Acts, and State/ Federal regulations. Additional responsibilities include representing FirstLantic and its services in a competent, professional and responsive manner while maintaining standards of high-quality patient care and customer service in accordance with all state, local and federal requirements, rules and regulations.
- Provides patient care assigned by and under the direction of the registered nurse who provides onsite supervision as needed, based upon severity of patient’s, medical condition and training and experience according to the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for the clinical record.
- Assists the MD and RN in performing specialized procedures.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatment using sterile and aseptic techniques.
- Assists patients in learning self-care techniques.
- Report any changes in patient’s condition to the registered nurse with the reports documented in patient files.
- Administers treatments and medications to the patient in the home setting.
- Participates in multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Maintains excellent communication with patients, and staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Agency matters.
- Performs other duties assigned by the registered nurse pursuant to Chapter 464, F.S;
- Attends/participates in case conferences on a regular basis.
- Attends required staff meetings and in-services.
- Participates in Agency PI activities as requested
- Active Florida LPN / RN license
- A minimum of one year of recent, clinical experience
- Current CPR
- Reliable transportation
- Must have a clear background screening
- The ability to read and communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Nurse Practice Acts
- 2-hour Alzheimer’s Home Health FL DOEA Approved CEU