At FirstLantic Healthcare, we believe that our patients and their families deserve the best care possible. We offer a wide range of flexible home healthcare and specialty services, but we provide much more than that. We give you peace-of-mind in knowing that you or your loved one will always receive superior service that is delivered with kindness.
HOURLY HOME CARE
Our Hourly Home Care Services Include:
Support with daily living activities such as walking, bathing, toileting, dressing, medication management, appointment scheduling, and more.
Help with grocery shopping as necessary and preparation of nutritious meals (including Kosher).
Assistance with household activities such as changing linens, making beds, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, watering plants, disposal of garbage and more.
Companionship and Transportation
Transportation and support with activities outside the home such as doctor’s appointments, visits with friends, attending concerts or movies, shopping or other outings.
Provides family members or other caregivers the opportunity to spend time away from loved one(s) with the confidence that a trained professional is administering care in their absence.
Private Duty Nursing
Specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. Licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs) and therapists can perform medical tasks such as:
- Administer and manage medication
- Wound care
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Private caregivers also available during hospital stays
Home Health Aides (HHA) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
FirstLantic offers both agency and registry caregivers who all receive extensive training and meet the highest accreditation standards.
Our hourly care services can be provided at the following locations:
- Client’s homes
- Residential care and assisted living facilities
- Nursing homes
In addition to our hourly homecare, FirstLantic also provides professional care management in select markets. We know that determining who to entrust with personal services can be difficult and that trust is crucial in making a decision. That’s why we provide references so that you can speak with our other clients and get their honest and objective feedback.
- Special needs trust and disability management
- Crisis intervention
- Supportive counseling
- Medication management
- Budget preparation
- Appointment setting and management
- Guardianship monitoring
- Client advocacy
- Residential placement assistance
- Coordination with medical providers and other professionals
Senior Solutions Service
Planning for Care and Life Transitions
FirstLantic’s Senior Solutions Service offers the resources, expertise and compassion you need to plan important life transitions. From healthcare, to housing arrangements, to lifestyle changes, our responsive and pro-active Senior Solutions Advocate will guide you and your loved ones. We help you find the best holistic solutions for an improved quality of life while still maintaining independence and we provide ongoing support.
- Patient advocacy
- Personalized and comprehensive care assessments
- Assessment of need and eligibility for local and state programs or services including:
– Older Americans Act
– Florida’s statewide Medicaid managed care program
– Veterans programs
- Communication with physicians, practitioners and other parties
- Ensure legal, financial and end of life wishes/preparations are in place
- Educate clients about alternative living and care settings
- Lead the transition of safe discharge to home, skilled nursing or assisted living including:
– Transportation coordination
– Private duty and skilled nursing therapy services referrals
– Ensure medical supplies, safety and support devices, medications and prescriptions are in place
– Schedule follow-up appointments
- Benefits coordination including paperwork and gathering documentation
- In-home care referrals: private duty caregivers, skilled nursing
LiveWell Placements (a division of FirstLantic) is dedicated to helping our clients find a senior living solution when they no longer wish to live at home or are unable to do so safely. We focus first on understanding the type of care that our clients require — then we develop a specialized solution that meets those requirements. We are here to help so that no family ever has to worry about the care that their loved one is receiving.
Our Personal Approach
Our services are no cost to our clients but that doesn’t mean our clients get less service. We are truly unique among other placement resources because we really care. We are by your side, guiding you through every step of the process.
Exploring the Homes
The Details and the Move
- We specialize in the Southeast Florida region exclusively, so we really know our communities.
- We help to coordinate all of the details and logistics for the day of the move.
- We contact you after the move to ensure that you are happy and thriving in your new home.
When Should You Consider Our Resources?
- The demands of your immediate family, health, or career preclude you from handling your loved one’s needs and concerns.
- The number of necessary decisions that need to be made is overwhelming.
- You live hundreds of miles away.
- You have anxiety, fears, or concerns about your loved one’s care.
- The current service and care are not meeting your loved one’s needs.
How Does Payment Work?
Our in-house financial experts will provide guidance around payment options and will help to facilitate the process as necessary with third parties such as insurance companies.
The following payments are accepted:
- Long term care insurance
- Workers’ compensation
- Veteran’s benefits
- Private pay