Home Health Aide / Certified Nursing AssistantLocation: Broward County
Home Health Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: Broward County
Are you a caring and passionate individual who wants to help seniors within your community? Are you interested in a career where you can make meaningful connections with people, enjoy a flexible work schedule as well as opportunities for ongoing education and career development? At FirstLantic, we offer all of these opportunities and more. If you are looking for a career and not just a job and you want to work for a company where you can thrive, then FirstLantic would like to speak with you. Please read through the full job description and apply below if you fulfill all of the necessary qualifications.
Description: The individual in this position provides personal care services to clients in a home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and this position reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
High School diploma or GED preferred
HHA must have the following:
- State approved CNA certificate and curriculum reflecting at least 75 hours of classroom and supervised training. The curriculum must include 40 (forty) hours of Home Health Aide Training. The HHA competency test may be administered to satisfy the above requirements.
- HHA certificate from an approved school with a curriculum reflecting at least 75 hours of classroom and supervised training. If the curriculum is not available, and the training cannot be validated; the competency test may be administered
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Good verbal and written communication skills with clients and in-office staff
- Current health certificate and CPR card
- Must be able to perform all described duties listed on this job description
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Essential Homemaking/Companionship Functions (For ALL CNAs/HHAs):
- Provides social and emotional support and promotes a sense of wellbeing by providing companionship for the client through conversation, reading aloud as well as performing routine household activities
- Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- Accompanies client on walks, community trips, visits to doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, shopping etc.
- Helps to stimulate the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest such as crafts; puzzles, word games, etc.
- Provides a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment
- Performs light housekeeping tasks including laundry, making the bed, cleaning and taking out the garbage
- Prepares and serve meals as directed; ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen clean after each meal
- Reminds the client to take self-administered medications
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, office staff and co-workers
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, Agency PI activities, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor
- Documents and submits required accurate records of personal health care activities & services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly
- Utilizes safety measures in the provision of care
- Maintains confidentiality of all client and agency information
- Recognizes emergencies and has knowledge of emergency procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding basic infection control procedures
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Adheres to all Agency policies
- Adheres to the role of the Home Health Aide in the home setting as defined in Florida statute for home health agencies. (Reference FAC, Chapter 59A-8.0095, Section 5)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIMITATIONS STATEMENT
Heavy physical demands – involves lifting clients, bending stooping and stretching. Must be adaptable to a variety of environments and settings in the community. Must have transportation to and from assignments. Moderate to heavy physical exertion for client care such as assisting clients in transfer activities, e.g., wheelchair to bed and providing substantial support to clients in ambulation therapy. Minimal exertion on a regular or recurring basis, such as lifting, bending or reaching. Must be adaptable to a variety of work environments. Some travel required.
The company reserves the right to revise and/or change job descriptions and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
By submitting an application, I acknowledge I have read and understood the above job description of a Home Health Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant.