Certified Nursing Assistant/Patient SitterLocation: Broward County
Certified Nursing Assistant/Patient Sitter
Location: Broward County
Are you a caring and passionate individual who wants to help seniors within your community? Are you interested in a career where you can make meaningful connections with people, enjoy a flexible work schedule as well as opportunities for ongoing education and career development? At FirstLantic, we offer all of these opportunities and more. If you are looking for a career (and not just a job) and you want to work for a company where you can thrive, then FirstLantic would like to speak with you. Please read through the full job description and apply below if you fulfill all of the necessary qualifications.
The Patient Sitter works under the supervision of the RN Charge Nurse, assists in providing safe care for an identified patient(s) who is in need of continuous bedside monitoring to prevent injury to self. Patient Sitter will strive to provide a safe and caring environment for the patient(s). The quality of care given will be in keeping with the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and FirstLantic; will maintain and support the standards of care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of the patient(s).
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Current/Active CNA License from the State of Florida
- BLS (CPR) certification (must be American Heart Association – current and active – no online programs)
- TB Screening (must be within the previous 6 months)
- Drug testing – must be completed prior to hire
- Level 2 AHCA Criminal Background Check
- Copy of current HIV training
- Proof of MMR, Varicella and Hepatitis B Vaccinations
- Proof of current Flu Vaccine
Other required skills and abilities:
- Ability to learn new tasks, follow written and verbal instructions, make judgments, work well with a variety of people. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; flexible, well organized and able to multi-task.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide continual observation of assigned hospital patient(s), including patients who are at risk for falls, confused, and/or combative patients
- Assist patient(s) to remain in bed as well as preventing patient(s) from falling from bed
- Maintaining the patient’s comfort level
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Assist with ADL’s
- Provide companionship and conversation
- Seek assistance from the hospital nurse when the patient(s) is in need
- Monitor patient(s) activity (i.e. ensuring patient(s) stays in bed, IVs remain in place, etc.)
- Supervise patient(s), ensuring family members that their loved one is safe when they are unable to be there
- Entertain (games, crafts, reading, etc.)
- Assure the patient(s) will not be left unattended and will be accompanied by aide at all times
- Ability to deal effectively with patients, family, and staff through appropriate interpersonal interactions, kindness, and courtesy
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel.
The company reserves the right to revise and/or change job descriptions and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
By submitting an application, I acknowledge I have read and understood the above job description of Certified Nursing Assistant/Patient Sitter.