FirstLantic’s Home Edema Management program focuses on the treatment of chronic edema, lymphedema, post surgical edema and breast cancer rehabilitation in the comfort and privacy of the patient’s home. The program is managed by a Certified Lymphedema Therapist to ensure the delivery of quality care and achievement of positive outcomes. If not addressed appropriately, edema can become lymphedema, a disease with no cure. Lymphedema can be controlled but requires diligent care.
- Weeping, blistering, dry/taut skin and restricted joint movement
- Gait instability and difficulty walking
- Excess strain on cardiac/pulmonary systems
- Fibrotic/dense tissue restricting oxygen/blood flow
- Our program includes patient education of disease process, a comprehensive physical assessment and a complete home safety assessment.